Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Today's Deals

My husband does not mind when I go shopping. In fact, he's very proud of my shopping habit!

This is why:

$33.81 worth of drugstore merchandise (that we actually use, by the way) for $14.33. That is nearly a 58% savings.

What did I buy?

Two boxes of Fruit Loops. On sale for $1.99 each. (regular price $3.99) Then, I had a Manufacturer's Coupon for $1 off 2. So, the cereal was $1.49 per box.

3 bags Halls Cough Drops. Regularly $2.59 each. There was a store coupon that made them $1.29 each. Savings of $3.63.

2 40 ct boxes OB Tampons. Regular price $7.99 each. There was a store coupon that made them $3.99. I had two manufacturer coupons for them a couple weeks ago which I used then because they were going to expire. (Coupons for this item are not offered very often, so I wanted to use them when I had them) So, needless to say, I was disappointed when I saw this sale. But, when I went to get them off the shelf there was a manufacturer coupon for $1 on one box. (Believe me, I dug through all of them to see if there were any more!) Total savings on this item: $9.00.

In addition, I visited a newly opened store in my neighborhood. In their sales ad, they offered $3 off a purchase of $10 or more at this new store.

And as a bonus treat, there was a store coupon for Hershey's candy bars for $.49 each. Limit 6. I bought 6. Some will be put in the freezer for S'more's in the summer. Some will go in the fridge...... I was about to say for when the chocolate attack comes, but husband came home and that's the end of that...

The moral of the story. Buy your products on a sales basis, rather than on a needs basis. Based on today's shopping trip, a person would pay more than twice as much than they need to for products that don't go bad, don't expire, and will be used eventually.

I continue to encourage you to watch your sales ads and clip coupons. By stacking coupons on top of sales and in-store coupons, you can save a good amount of money from your grocery bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment